CSL Grand Junction is a part of an international organization, Centers for Spiritual Living.
Welcome to CSL Grand Junction
Center for Spiritual Living Grand Junction is a spiritual community that honors all paths to God and can help you experience a personal relationship with God. When God is the focus of our spirituality, then other areas of our lives fall into place – we are happier, we can do more for others, be better stewards of the Earth, and help bring peace and harmony to the world.
If you are in search of a spiritual community where you are respected and accepted for who you are and want the inspiration and support to grow to your highest potential, please accept our invitation to visit us soon!
MESSAGE FROM REV. PATTY
We are here to uplift humanity. We are here to love so deeply that we can tell the truth. We are here to create a space where people can say, “I messed up,” and learn to love and give and express together.
Think about a spiritual place you’d like to visit that welcomes ALL. A place where people of all ages, abilities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and social backgrounds are met with dignity and love. A place where they believe in diversity and provide a multitude of opportunities for anyone, in any stage of life, to grow spiritually.
Imagine a place that communicates and celebrates the positive aspects of humankind, the world around us, and our relationship to the Power Within.
What would it be like to be part of a spiritual community that is practical and provides tangible steps and programs for individuals and families to change and apply spiritual principles in their lives immediately?
What if you could find a place that is alive and exciting on Sundays – one that leaves you feeling wonderful and optimistic about yourself and your life?
Well, look no further. You’ve found your spiritual home and it’s waiting for you. For one of us to succeed, we must all succeed. Join us. Become part of the tribe. Transform your life. Now.
Vision, Mission, Purpose and Values
We are creating a world that works for everyone and a life that works for me.
Center for Spiritual Living Grand Junction is an inclusive, accepting, loving, supportive, and optimistic spiritual community. We believe each individual is whole now and is part of the One Divine Energy. We recognize the unlimited abundance of the Universe, and we fervently express our gratitude for how that abundance manifests in our lives. We trust our individual and collective desires are met. We honor all paths to those truths. We actively reach out to all people to assist them to transform their lives through love, education, and affirmative prayer.
We exist to transform lives through love and spiritual practices.
Humor and Fun
The Whole-Hearted Community Manifesto
Above all else, we want you to know that you are loved and lovable. You will learn this from our words and actions–the lessons on love are in how we treat each other and how we treat ourselves.
We want you to engage with the world from a place of worthiness. You will learn that you are worthy of love, belonging, and joy every time you see us practice self-compassion and embrace our own imperfections.
We will practice courage in our community by showing up, letting ourselves be seen, and honoring vulnerability. We will share our stories of struggle and strength. There will always be room in our hearts for both.
We will teach you compassion by practicing compassion with ourselves first, then with each other. We will set and respect boundaries. We will honor hard work, hope, and perseverance. Rest and play will be community values, as well as community practices.
You will learn accountability and respect by watching us make mistakes and make amends and by watching how we ask for what we need and talk about how we feel.
We want you to know joy, so together we will practice gratitude.
We want you to feel joy, so together we will learn how to be vulnerable.
When uncertainty and scarcity visit, you will be able to draw from the Spiritual Truths that are a part of our everyday community life and practice.
Together we will cry and face fear and grief. We will want to take away your pain, but instead we will sit with you and teach you how to feel it.
We will laugh and sing and dance and create. We will always have permission to be ourselves with each other. No matter what, you will always belong here.
As you live your wholehearted journey, the greatest gift that we can give to you is to live and love wholeheartedly and to dare greatly.
We will not teach or love or show you anything perfectly, but we will let you see us, and we will always hold sacred the gift of seeing you. Truly, deeply seeing you.
Adapted from Brené Brown’s “The Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto”
Centers for Spiritual Living Global Vision
- We envision all people, all beings, and all life as expressions of God.
- We see a world in which each and every person lives in alignment with his/her highest spiritual principle, emphasizing unity with God and connection with each other; a world in which individually and collectively we are called to a higher state of consciousness and action.
- We envision humanity awakening to its spiritual magnificence and discovering the creative power of thought; a world where each and every person discovers his/her own personal power and ability to create an individual life that works within a world that works for everyone.
- We envision a world in which we live and grow as One Global Family that respects and honors the interconnectedness of all life; a world where this kinship with all life prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience.
- We envision a world where personal responsibility joins with social conscience in every area of the political, corporate, academic, and social sectors, providing sustainable structures to further the emerging global consciousness.
- We envision a world where each and every person has enough food, a home and a sense of belonging; a world of peace and harmony, enfranchisement and justice.
- We envision a world in which resources are valued, cared for, and grown, and where there is generous and continuous sharing of these resources.
- We envision a worldwide culture in which forgiveness (whether for errors, injustices, or debts) is the norm.
- We envision a world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature, and love through the resurgence of creativity, art, and aesthetics.
- We envision a world that works for everyone and for all of creation.
CSL is part of a global community of over 450 spiritual centers, communities, and ministries in 30 countries worldwide. We are dedicated to transforming lives by exploring new possibilities for your life and providing powerful spiritual tools to help make the world a better place.
What We Believe
- We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; One indestructible, absolute, and self-existent Cause. This One manifests Itself in and through all creation but is not absorbed by Its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God, it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are incarnations of the One Spirit. We believe in the eternality, the immortality and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- We believe that heaven is within us and that we experience this kingdom to the degree that we become conscious of it. We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
- We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive and spiritual nature of the individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the indwelling God.
- We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thoughts and acts upon it.
- We believe in the healing of the sick through the Power of this Mind.
- We believe in the control of conditions through the Power of this Mind.
- We believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness, and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
- We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny, for we understand that the life of all is God.
Dr. Ernest Holmes
CSL Grand Junction Leadership Council (from the left): Dale Terry, Rev. Patty Rumpza (& Shanti), Don Carpenter, Judy Meyers RScP, Rev. Anna Scott
The Leadership Council synthesizes input from our members into clear direction for the CSL Grand Junction community. The Council serves a function similar, but not identical, to a corporate board of trustees. Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to, prioritization, coordination and application of resources, overall health and unfoldment of the spiritual community, communications hub, and the final decision-making body for the Center. The Council is elected.
The Spiritual Director is the vision caster and keeper for our Center. She is also a member of the Leadership Council and the Executive Director.
History of Center for Spiritual Living Grand Junction
The teachings of Science of Mind and Spirit have been rooted in the Grand Valley of Colorado for nearly 50 years. Carl and Betty Wahlberg discovered the Science of Mind and Spirit teachings and resonated with the “change your thinking, change your life” philosophy. “I stayed in this philosophy — it’s allowed me to live life at a higher frequency,” Carl said. The Wahlbergs and others formed a community and met in homes to study the teachings.
Eventually the Two Rivers Center for Spiritual Living was founded. From 2005 into 2013, the Center met in the Community Room at Lakeside in Grand Junction. Rev. Patty Rumpza became the first full-time minister in 2012. Rapid growth caused us to look for a larger facility. In 2013, we found a home of our own in the heart of beautiful downtown Grand Junction just one block from Main Street. Rev. Patty conducted the first Sunday service in the new location on June 30, 2013.
Since then we have changed our name to Center for Spiritual Living Grand Junction & have expanded to provide inspiring and practical spiritual and personal growth education through classes and workshops. Our Sunday services are complemented with activities nearly every day and night. With Rev. Patty’s guidance, CSL Grand Junction has formed a vision to expand this teaching philosophy to affect the greater Grand Valley, impacting and transforming lives with the tools of Science of Mind and Spirit. We now reach all ages from our children’s program to our Not Going Quietly group for those who are 60+ years young.
CSL Grand Junction has a commitment to Community Service and takes up several projects throughout the year. For example, we cook and serve dinner monthly to our local homeless shelter. We have purchased, wrapped, and delivered thermals as our Christmas gift to those adults who spent time at that shelter. We have adopted a street and clean it up multiple times each year. We participate in various community events and interfaith community organizing. We always look forward to new ways we can serve and give back to our community.
We host performances by special guests and musicians from all over the country. Recent presenters at CSL Grand Junction have included Dr. Roger Teel, Michael Gott, Eddie Watkins Jr., and Karen Drucker. Many more events are envisioned featuring other speakers, musicians, and up-and-coming authors and artists.
CSL Grand Junction has grown at the rate of 33% per year recently and that growth rate is expected to increase. To more fully serve our growing community, CSL Grand Junction hired our first Assistant Minister, Rev. Anna Scott in 2016. Additionally, in the very near future, we intend to move into a large space that will fully serve our expanding community and provide us with new opportunities.
We welcome everyone to help us write the next chapters of our amazing story.